SEO Metrics monitoring the profitable of your SEO campaign, knowing Percentage of overall traffic coming from organic, growth of traffic for Targeted Keywords, overall organic traffic growth
There are many other SEO metrics that should be considered along with the rankings that work together to create a profitable SEO campaign. Your job is SEO, so you have to have well known that you are adding value and inevitably need to prove your worth. It’s true that tracking organic search traffic down to determine its role in influencing conversion is the holy grail of search analytics. However, there are a series of other metrics you can use to measure SEO success.
Many of the metrics listed below have been discussed by other SEO authors but I’ve attempted put them all in one place, and added a few myself:
SEO metrics Traffic:
This is one of the few metrics that can directly show cause and effect if recommendations have been properly implemented and are live on your site. As a metric for monitoring the success of your SEO campaign, knowing how much traffic is coming from organic, its performing relative to other channels, you can also gain insight into which pages are performing best from a traffic perspective.
- Percentage Of Overall Traffic Coming From Organic:Track the trend, but be careful of peaks and valleys based on key marketing tactics such as email marketing blasts
- Growth ofü Traffic for Targeted Keywords: This is a double check against rankings. Look at month-over-month and year-over-year growth in traffic for specific target keywords.
- Progress With Specific Engines:It may be a Google-centric search world, but also track progress with Yahoo/Bing, and others that may be important to your business.
- Overall Organic Traffic Growth: Focus on year-over-year comparisons.
- Keyword Rankings:
Google employee that 40% of all searches are triggered by Google Suggest, the suggestions that come up start with shorter phrases, pushing ever more searchers to take the short route first. Its favorite metric, and one that can get confused easily when tools are not used. That said, knowing where your target keywords rank, in a general sense, is definitely part of the scorecard. I’d say that the use of Google Suggest adds one reason to track rankings.
Search engine optimization strategy is key. Blindly attempting to rank for keywords is a very expensive mistake. It needs to be developed and executed with predetermined conversion and revenue goals that make it profitable and worth the effort. Focusing on keyword rankings has always been somewhat taboo, but understanding your visibility on the SERP is something that you can use to measure the success of your optimization efforts.
For example, establishing baselines and measuring against them in terms of the following metrics can again help communicate the cause and effect of the SEO efforts that are happening:
- Keywords ranking on page one
- Keywords ranking on pages 1-3
- Average rank of your keywords
SEO Trend Analysis:
SEO Trends Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know. Trend analysis of key SEO metrics provides insight into how well your search marketing strategy has performed over time, and helps to establish goals and benchmarks for future campaigns. If you could only use one SEO tool to develop an Internet marketing campaign, this product would be a serious contender.
Here are few key benchmarks to track:
- Month-to-month improvements (declines) in organic search traffic, keyword referrals, and other performance metrics
- Month-to-month improvements (declines) in organic search conversions and conversion rates
- Year over year improvements (declines) in organic search engine traffic, conversions, keyword referrals, and other performance metrics
- Year over year improvements (declines) in keyword visibility (relative position of website for priority keyword searches)
SEO campaigns can deliver high rankings and an insane amount of website traffic, but if the conversion numbers are low then it will not be a successful marketing campaign. A lot of this has to do with the website content, layout and call-to-action location. It requires a lot of split testing and diving into the numbers in order to fine-tune a campaign to deliver the highest conversion rate. Even after achieving a high conversion rate the campaign must constantly be evaluated, and changes made if needed
It’s important to realize the effectiveness of these metrics in an effort to properly align SEO program initiatives.
- Conversion rate from organic search engine traffic: Measure this in comparison to other online marketing channels to determine quality of traffic from organic search.
- Keyword rank monitoring: Keyword rankings should not be the end-all-be-all, but there is certainly a connection between a better keyword position in search engine results and likelihood someone will click into your website.
- Percentage of search traffic from non-branded keyword search referrals: If you’ve Connected your Webmaster Tools account with Google Analytics, this information is still accessible to evaluate non-branded versus branded keyword percentages.
- Conversions from organic search engine traffic: While there are various types of goals an organization may define as a conversion, it’s important to track them regularly.
“My website needs more links, can you get us more links?” Again, misinformed and misguided, business owners think that it is all about the quantity of links. This is why so many websites end up penalized and severely damaged. These website owners get impatient and fall for these offers of thousands of links for a few hundred dollars. They always end up to be very low quality, spammy links that are blasted throughout the internet using automated software
One link from a high quality website has much more value than thousands of low-quality spammy links. Proper search engine optimization is all about quality and should never revolve around quantity. Doing it right the first time can prevent unnecessary costs, as a complete link cleanup can cost several thousands of dollars in the event that a website is penalized for low quality links.
Backlinks are not the end all to high rankings, and these companies send out millions of spam emails and use auto-dialers to attempt to get in touch with business owners and sell their low quality link services. Unfortunately there are businesses that keep falling for this, because if it weren’t working they wouldn’t be marketing that way.
Noted: Its remarkable below contents can effectively increase entire attention of huge organic traffic of any web or blogs if its operate with skilled hand.
- Crawl Frequency: Keeping search engines coming back more frequently is a key component in getting new pages indexed more quickly, and in getting additional content types, such as news and blog posts, into Google’s
- Content Engagement Metrics : Really three fundamental metrics that are referring to here which are Page Views, Time Spent and Bounce Rate. These metrics let you know which content or what type of content that your audience is consuming when arriving on your site.
- Basic Conversion Tracking: Make sure to identify multiple conversion types, including sales, leads, subscriptions, downloads, event sign-ups, etc.
- Visitor Engagement: It’s a simple fact that your success will also bring less-relevant traffic, along with the good stuff.
- Organic Bounce Rates
- Repeat Visitorsü
- Pageviews Per Visit
- Time Spent On Site
Search Engine Optimization Productivity: establishing benchmarks for the creation of links, content, and deliverables executed helps to provide visibility to a search engine marketer’s plan of action.
- Unique domains linking to website
- Contacts researched, contacted, and communicating withü
- Inbound links researched, requested, and acquired
- Social shares acquired per platform
- Revenue: This is the ultimate metric of a search engine optimization campaign. It needs to make sense, dollar-wise and if it isn’t returning a profit then changes need to be made, and quickly. It is important to take all of these SEO metrics into consideration while planning a campaign and measuring the overall success. They all work together to provide the data needed to make it successful and most importantly profitable.
- Pages Indexed: This metric can be especially important to companies with product catalogs or large quantities of technical documentation that have previously been inaccessible to search engines.
Being able to measure the success of your SEO campaign only shapes part of the story. SEO is but one channel that many businesses use to generate revenue, to be successful and remain competitive. How well you communicate that success story is, in part, dependent on how you define and measure your success metrics