I’ve shared useful WordPress Website-Speed-Up tips that will load faster. Suggested few free and easy WordPress plugins that reduce file size & improve loads time
Loading website-Speed-Up plays an important role in search engine optimization (SEO). There is no option to increase website loading speed to stay above the search result. The standard time for loading a website is 3 seconds. According to Google, if a website does not fully load within 3 seconds, then the website loses 30% of the visitor. That means if the loading time of the website is more than 3 seconds, then 1 out of 3 users would get annoyed from visiting the website and you’ll get the opportunity to highlight the content of your site. Site Speed is also playing a vital ranking factor in Google. So it plays an important role in SEO.
Not only that, according to Microsoft Bing search engine team reports, if your page is loaded in less than 3 seconds, the traffic decreases by 3.8%, the number of revenue decreased by 4.3% and the click-through rate decreases by 4.3%. When a website page speed loading time more than 03 seconds:
- Page view will be reduced to 11%
- Customer satisfaction will be reduced by 16%
- Conversions will be reduced to 7% (source: Aberdeen group)
The way to increase the speed of the WordPress site:
Do you know that an e-commerce site earns $ 100,000 per day? A survey found that, if loading time is more than 1 second per day, it costs $ 2.5 million in one year! It has also been found in the study that more than 47% of visitors are expected to be in the top 2 to 3 seconds of visiting your blog. 40% of visitors are the only reason to leave your site because of this loading time. Besides, if your site is registered with Google Adsense then there is a threat of losing your Google AdSense account.
Google always considers the website’s loading time ranking, so we should reduce the loading time of our own blog or website. Besides, if there is a problem with loading problems coming to your Website-Speed-Up then the visitors are likely to lose
WordPress is the name of the world’s popular & fastest CMS (Content Management System) at this time. It’s very easy to set up a WordPress system on your hosting account. I will try to entire discuss some important things about how to Website-Speed-Up can be increased the WordPress site. I will try to show in this article how can a WordPress site bring 91-100 scores in Google Website-Speed-Up of your website. So let’s go to the main discussion now how to reduce your blog’s loading time and make it into the fast blog.
01. Select a good hosting plan
Buy a reliable & trusted host for your website first, which have to unlimited bandwidth and storage. You have ensured trustworthy WordPress hosting is very much crucial to the success of your website. As a recommendation for small blogs and websites, I suggest you use Hostgator or Bluehost. But if you are planning on hosting a professional website then I will tell you to host at TrafficPlanetHosting
02.Eliminate unexpected plugins:
Most blog sites are made with WordPress. WordPress users have a benefit that they can perform many tasks using plugins very easily. But sometimes this feature may cause page loading time to increase.
Many of us use a lot of plugins so that our servers work slows down as well. Below are some tips for Website-Speed-Up using the WordPress plugin:
- Skip unwanted plugins: Never uses blogger importer, all in one favicon plugins. Besides, if you need to use social share plugins then just use one but using multiple social share plugins takes a lot of time to load the site. Do not use any plugins to pin it to Pinterest. If you need to use Pinterest Pin, you can use a WordPress plugin called Shareaholic, which has a button named Pin it by default. This plugin does not have to cause problems with page loading.
- Use plugins that do a lot of work: There is a WordPress plugin called jetpack plugin that works a lot together. You can also work with Separate analytics, sitemap, and SEO Plugins with the help of another plugin named Yoast plugin. There are more such plugins that can be used to do a lot of work together. Use them then the site will take less time to load.
03.Invest in a good theme:
A good theme changes the look of a blog. If you really want to be a successful blogger then definitely do not use a free theme. There are many problems with the free theme such as very low-quality coding which does not affect the professional market. Moreover, there are some codes in this free theme that invites hackers to hack your website. Above all, due to some poor code in free themes, it takes too much time to load Site-Speed-Up
Now there are many good WordPress themes available in the marketplaces. Such as WordPress.org repository, Theme etc. Widgets should be careful about ad placements because more components/elements show, the page size of the site will increase.
04.Optimize your images:
We are always interested to upload more photos. Do you know the reason for the site’s loading time more for a large number of images on the site? It takes more time to load images on the site, which affects the whole site.
Several guidelines for optimizing images on your WordPress site:
- Reduce the size of the image by using smush it plugin. This is a service from Yahoo that reduces the size of the picture.
- If your images are in png format, then you can use an online tool called TinyPNG, which reduces the size of the png format and reduce its size.
- Use a WordPress plugin called lazy load that will load on the site but visitors will not be able to understand that loading on the site. Whenever the visitor visits the site will be loaded which part they are visiting & when he scrolls down with the mouse, the bottom tumble will be loaded.
You can use different image compression tools to reduce the image size. Below the tools available:
- Kraken (Free & Paid, but the Paid version is Best)
- ImageOptim (Free & My Favorite)
The CDN or Content Delivery Network lets you access all the contents of your site from the hosting server (text, image, HTML, etc.) to the user in a faster way. This reduces the pressure on your main server and the content delivery ways to increase the Website-Speed-Up of your Blog. There are many CDN available online but I highly recommended following 04 which mostly easy to use the dashboard as well as price friendly
- Amazon S3
- Max CDN
- Media Temple CDN
- Free CDN
06. Add Caching plugin:
The Cache plugin will allow your site to be loaded faster. The ultimate processes transparently store the data & convert into a static page, which decreases loading Website-Speed-Up. There are some of the popular cash plugins. If you want, you can use one of these plugins for your website. Three popular free WordPress Caching plugins are:
- W3 Total Cache (Free)
- WP Super Cache (Free)
- WordPress Fastest Cache (Free
- The WP Rocket (Paid)
07.Increase the Site-Speed-Up of the most displayed pages:
There are some pages on your site that appear a little more than the other pages. You can see your most displayed pages from Google Analytics. You can also increase the Website-Speed-Up by optimizing the pages from there.
How to do this:
- Optimize images.
- Delete Third Party Ads.
- Remove unnecessary Widgets from Site bar.
08.Optimize Java scripts & CSS:
Combine CSS & Java scripts can increase page loading time by multiple files into a single file reduce HTTP request of the web server. Few elementary commanding combines & compress tools are:
- For CSS: Minify CSS, CSS Compressor
09. Don’t keep more post on your homepage:
There are many themes that have an option for the number of posts on the homepage. You have the option to easily increase or decrease the number of posts from the homepage. If you want to make your site dynamic then always try to keep the post number of 7-10 maximum on your homepage.
You can define the number of posts of your WordPress homepage from Settings> Reading options.
10.Optimize the database:
Many types of unnecessary data are stored regularly in a database such as trackback, pingback etc. There are so many WordPress plugins (WP-Optimize, WP DBManger) that will keep your database free of all these unnecessary data. Also, try the post revision control plugin.
All tips will not easily implement that’s why need advanced tactics, in this case, you can get help from a few resources are given below:
If you want to do yourself the Google developer help your site performance, you can consider fully managed server like SingleHop
Top 06 Free WordPress Plugins to Improve Your Website-Speed-Up
Website-Speed-Up is much more crucial & plays an important role in favor of search ranking (SERPs). If your page is delay loaded by 2 seconds than traffic satisfaction decreases by 3.8%, income decreases by 4.3%, the number of clicks decreased by 4.3% according to Microsoft Bing search team report. Simple word lower site speed is the negative factor for your website. In this article discussed how to Increase the Website-Speed-Up of the WordPress site by using the best plugin. Here given details information about best 6 free WordPress plugins forever.
- WP Rocket
WP Rocket is one of the most important caching solutions for WordPress. It is very user-friendly. It works so first & Website-Speed-Up that many people say WP Rocket is the live server of Google Webmaster Tool that helps search engines fined quick content. The biggest advantage of this plugin is that it works correctly with activating to configure. Even if you do not know about its configuration, do not worry, everything will set automatically. If you want that can set custom configuration it.
Features and Benefits:
Among the key features of WP Rocket are:
- Cash Preloading: Cash preloading refers to a process that loads posts, pages, and images through bulk loading.
- Browser caching: Browser cache helps reduce server load. Once a page is loaded, it caches the user’s computer to the browser, and this process is called a browser cache.
- Layer Image Loading: This feature is separated from other common plugins by WP Rocket because the images are loaded when scrolling down the user page is called non-competitive approach is that the method significantly reduces load time.
Each of the plugins you get some other features which are as follows:
- Easy, fastest setup.
- Pages Caching active Immediately
- Google font’s optimization by minimizing HTTP requests
- W3 Total Cache:
W3 Total Cache is the only WordPress plugin designed to minimize boost and page loading time. Top hosting providers offer to use these caching plugins. This plugin’s settings dashboard is divided into 16 pages. It does not have to manually configure settings, its default settings work very well, so nothing worry to use it. It can Website-Speed-Up easily compare to another plugin.
W3 Total Cache settings pages are used for various types of cache settings such as page caching, object caching, database caching, browser caching etc. You have the flexibility to customize the W3 Total Cache, it’s hard to find elsewhere.
Features and Benefits:
- GZIP compression for web browser optimization
- CDN (Content Delivery Networks) Support.
- Compatible with CloudFlare.
- WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is a very straightforward caching plugin, which is available free of charge in WordPress. The plugin basically creates and caches static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blog instead of the WordPress PHP script.
There are three options for reducing page speed load time:
- Using mod_rewrite to deliver static pages.
- Showing static Site-Speed-Up using PHP.
- Using a legacy caching mode that caches pages for logged-in users.
Features and Benefits:
- Website-Speed-Up Compression and Dynamic Caching.
- CDN (Content Delivery Networks) Support.
- Caching for visitors using mobile devices.
- Determine the schedule for deletion and handling of caching again within the prescribed time.
- WP Fastest Cache
According to many developers, the WP Fastest Cache plugin is “the easiest and fastest WP cash system”. It’s like the WP Super Cache, instead of the WordPress PHP script creates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blog and it stores the cache. It is very easy to install. You do not have to modify the .htaccess configuration file. The plugin uses mod_rewrite to create static HTML files on your website & reduce file size by minifying together Java, CSS through GZIP compression.
Features and Benefits:
- The fastest method used in this plugin is Mod_Rewrite.
- When a post or page is published, all the cache files are deleted.
- CDN and SSL support.
- There are options for cache enabling or disable for mobile devices and logged-in users.
- Cache blocks can be made on a specific page or post with a short
- Comet cache
The Comet cache plugin was previously known as ZenCache and Quick Cache. However, it was quickly popularized in the new name. It takes snapshots as soon as each post, page, category and link updates and caches them separately. It effectively reduces the loading of the Website-Speed-Up. The plugin uses advanced techniques to determine when a cached version should be sent or not be sent. By default, users logged in to the website and recently commented viewers do not show cached pages. You can edit it from the Settings Website-Speed-Up and go to Configuration Settings.
Features and Benefits:
- Home and Post Page, Author Page, Category, Tag and Custom Term Archives, Custom Post Type Archives, RSS / RDF / ATOM Feeds, and XML Sitemaps have automatic cache clearing options.
- The URLs that contain the GET Requests can cache or ignore.
- Ability to exclude user agents and HTTP referees.
- Automatically defines expiration for cache files.
- Cache Enabler
Cache Enabler is a lightweight caching solution for WordPress, which does two things to reduce Website-Speed-Up load time on your site – creates static HTML files and provides WebP support. Static HTML files are saved on the server’s hard disk.
When accessing a file, the web server returns static HTML files and omits all of the backend processes that keep the resources in mind. This caching strategy dramatically increases the Website-Speed-Up of the site, increasing the page load and the performance of WordPress.
Features and Benefits:
- It has quick and effective disk cache engines for the quick cache.
- Displays the actual cache size of the dashboard.
- WebP is supported.
- HTTP / 2 Focused
05 Best Website-Speed-Up-and-Performance-Test-Tools-of-2018
Google also give preference & tops which website optimized for better speed performance. There are much more core factors affect the Website-Speed-Up load time that you can easily minimize ebooks & various online tools to examine inner processes to detect & fix them.
We need to check whether our website is slow before reducing the page loading time. There are many tools available on the internet to measure Website-Speed-Up of your website that will provide you ultimate suggestions for reaching the optimal solution of detecting speed performance attribute. Let me details discuss the ultimate top 04 websites use to check your Website-Speed-Up performance status.
- PageSpeed Insights
Google PageSpeed Insight measure page loading time & analyze the content for make suggestion to make faster your Website-Speed-Up loading time. When you give your URL for the test then GPI will show a list that should be fixing & help you to optimize your website even better. If you desire to compute the loading time of your website then try a tool: Website Performance and Optimization Test
GTmetrix generally allows optimizing your site using different statistics by suggesting how to set by Google & Yahoo’s YSlow extension to check which files affects the overall Website-Speed-Up. It has more evaluation to score about websites or pages are completely free & available for most browsers in a single click. The key point to improve GTmetrix score in favor of your website is
- CSS optimization
- Image optimization
- Leverages browser caching
- Enable compression
- Minimize HTTP request
Pingdom is the most popular speed test tool gives an idea of how fast loading your website is completely free. This tool helps you to find why for your website is loading slow & helps to better improve. You can check page size; performance grade & compare how much faster to another website. Pingdom is little similar to Website-Speed-Up Insights
Think With Google:
You can also use think with google tool for speed testing. This is basically a new service from Google that has been launched since last year. You can learn about how long seconds of loading speed to visit your website from mobile through thinkwithgoogle’s test site.
It is noted that never rely on any single tool, also use different tools for optimizing your website speed performance.
There are different methods to enhance the Website-Speed-Up of a web page, but I’ve tried to jot down about the most essential ones which even professional bloggers (like SEOmoz) can every so often neglect.
Of course, site velocity isn’t always the main goal but even a great website with a bad load time will discover it tough to reap achievement. So usually try to enhance Website-Speed-Up and run the quickest website you could in an effort to attain your desires faster.