The power of product reviews on Amazon, in 2019 Amazon reached more than 100 million Prime users and the recent innovations in the Voice field with Alexa are extremely interesting. An element, often underestimated, that allows Amazon to be so authoritative in the sale of products is the number of opinions on the products that are on the site.
In the complex marketplace ecosystem, reviews are a fundamental element to improve the visibility of their products on the platform, half of all online consumers rely primarily on product reviews before buying them. This leads many Vendors and Sellers to ask themselves how to get more.
In this article, we will summarize the methods recognized by product review on Amazon that allow brands to get more reviews on their products.
How does the Product Reviews on Amazon system work?
Under each product on Amazon, you can read the “customer reviews”, which anyone can write after spending a minimum amount on the site. The Product Review on Amazon can also be released by those who have not purchased the product on Amazon. In that case, the review will not have the “Verified Purchase” badge.
Reviews made by customers who purchased the product and that show “Verified Purchase” are considered more relevant by the Amazon algorithm and by users of the site (unless the product has been purchased at a high discount).
Amazon users can then rate the single review as “useful”. Those that Amazon’s algorithm deems most useful will be visible immediately below the product. The advantage for sellers is that products with more reviews (and positive reviews) have benefits in terms of ranking in Amazon search results, appearing higher. In addition, the product pages with the most reviews show higher conversion rates.
At one time, reviews appeared aggregated by product families. Product review on Amazon recently started showing only the reviews of the single variant within the product family for some categories.
Amazon Review Policies
To summarize, let’s look at how to properly collect feedback:
- Ask to leave positive feedback or give 5 stars
- Pay or compensate in any way for writing reviews
- Request to return the product sent to write a review or to compensate for its cost
- Send multiple copies of the same product to one reviewer
- Declare in the product listing that it is No. 1 or a bestseller
- Leave reviews for their own products or products of their competitors
- Send products to your friends or relatives for feedback.
Regarding the last two points: remember that the “big brother” is watching you. About the situation when her review of the recently read book was not accepted, Amazon told Imi Santiago on her blog. The reason is that she supposedly knew the author personally. And here is how she was informed by the feedback moderation service
How to get Product Reviews on Amazon and improve seller feedback
Let’s do an in-depth study on how and why to request product reviews on Amazon and feedback on the seller.
A happy shopper is a return shopper, i.e. who makes multiple orders at your store. Not only that, a happy buyer is someone who will tell their friends and family how positive their experience has been. For those who sell on Amazon, these are things that are out of control, but other key aspects such as buyer-seller messaging can be monitored and improved.
Product Reviews and Seller Feedback
The best way to build a reliable reputation on Amazon is through seller feedback and product reviews.
These two metrics are used by buyers and Amazon to compare the quality of the products offered and the service between competing sellers.
Not to be confused with each other, the feedback from Amazon sellers and product reviews are quite distinct even if they are often mistakenly used interchangeably.
The main difference is that product reviews on Amazon are displayed on the product detail page while the feedback on the seller can be seen by clicking on the seller’s name on a product page.
product reviews on Amazon are an important topic for many sellers because they are a central element in the buying experience for buyers, helping them make thoughtful purchasing decisions. Not being able to physically see or touch the products on the Amazon market, they rely on previous buyers and their experiences to retrieve information deemed crucial. In addition, product reviews help an ASIN to climb the ranking in organic search. The first five or ten reviews are indispensable for the detectability of the product on the site, contributing to your overall success and your reputation.
Feedback from the seller metric is used to measure the actual quality of an Amazon seller. Buyers are encouraged to evaluate their experiences with a seller by leaving feedback based on the service received, including shipping and past communication.
Seller feedback is particularly crucial for third-party resellers (those who sell on the Amazon Marketplace) because they often compete with others who sell identical products. Sellers with higher feedback, better product reviews, and lower prices tend to win the coveted Buy Box more often, which equates to more sales.
In addition, a higher feedback score (100% is the best) prevents sellers from risking account suspension.
So how can you ask for a product reviews?
When you send an email to buyers to ask for product reviews, a great approach is to make them understand how much you value their opinion.
Just an example, ask seller, How did you feel and how did you work? As well as ask buyer feedback if anything extremely special about the product and would you recommend it to other buyers. Questions like these will draw on the buyer’s feelings and create a dialog in which
The buyer feels heard.
How to ask for feedback on the seller?
Sellers who focus on getting and maintaining a feedback score between 95% and 100% must be focused on the shopping experience. This obviously depends on the shipping time, the packaging and the communication that took place before, during and after the closing of the order.
You too can focus on the shopping experience! Ask questions like:
Was the product well packaged? Was the delivery speed what you expected? How was the communication between us?
Then make sure that the buyer has the feeling that there is always open communication. Shoppers need to know you’re there to help. Leaving the seller’s feedback is easy: in your request, be sure to highlight how easy it is to leave feedback.
Product reviews on Amazon also asks buyers a few short questions, for example, if the order arrived on time, if the item was described correctly and how timely it was received.
Amazon messaging is the perfect place to request both a review and feedback, in fact for each managed order you can write a message to the buyer with the default subject “Request for feedback”: in this way you can also clear your mind of the customer who often, confused, is not clear from whom he bought what.
Tips for Getting Product Reviews on Amazon Without Breaking the Rules
Amazon has made several changes to its review request policy over the past year.
Amazon’s policies limit not only what you can do, but also what you can say and write in the communications you send to the customer to ask for a review, relating to a product that he purchased from you.
- Never ask buyers to leave only positive reviews.
- Never quote positive review words in your email. You can ask a buyer to contact you if there is any problem with your order or product, but always avoid phrases like: “If you are satisfied with our product, this is the link to leave a review.”
- Do not offer discounted or free products in exchange for revisions.
- You can discount your products, you can make promotions. It is not possible to connect any requirement to leave a review to get the discount.
- Don’t ask friends and/or family to leave a review.
Amazon’s policy has always been that of anyone with a financial interest of any kind in a product you are selling, or in your business, cannot leave reviews. This also applies to the family and people who receive free products to release reviews.
Pay close attention to what you say to buyers who buy discounted products.
Amazon robots will look closely at the reviews when the product was sold at a discount. If the robot sees too many discounted products with reviews, it will send a report to Seller Performance to examine your account in detail. If they find something they don’t like, they can suspend or even close your account.
- Don’t spam your buyers.
- Limit the number of messages to one, maximum two.
- Make sure your messages focus only on the order. Offer to resolve any problems that maybe there. Always ask for an unbiased review.
If you mention, or even suggest, that you only want positive reviews, you are violating Amazon’s policy and are annoying.
- Follow the policy to get Amazon reviews and protect your account. Thinking you’re smarter and wanting to play the system endangers your seller account.
- Selling online is impossible if you don’t have a precise strategy of what you want to do and how you want to do it. Refusing to see the marketplaces means putting your head in the sand.
- Marketplaces are growing faster than eCommerce and tools, resources, software, management skills are needed to obtain good results.
There is to be fought, there are rules to be respected and environments to be known.
If you want to sell successfully on marketplaces and want effective advice, you can do so by clicking here
5 strategies to get positive Product Reviews on Amazon
Why do you need Amazon customer reviews?
Online reviews – the modern media world; They are very powerful and can have a huge impact on how your business is perceived. Last year, a study found that:
- 80% of customers fully trust online reviews as well as personal recommendations
- 85% of customers tell they read entire online reviews for local businesses
- 75% of customers say positive reviews make them trust the business more
In this post, we’ll talk about why Amazon customer reviews are important and the various ways they can be obtained (both legal and non-legal).
What can Amazon customer reviews do for you?
Amazon reviews serve several purposes. Reviews may:
- Convince consumers to buy your product from competitors.
- Provide customers with quality
- Serves as a “word of mouth” word of mouth effect.
Studies have shown that “word of mouth” is the most powerful marketing tool – even in online time, when one person tells us something great, we listen to it and listen, there is trust. Although our life is significantly different from our Neanderthal ancestors, we are not as far away as we think. We are still programmed to choose based on the actions of others. The “herd effect” works, so when we see that many people recommend a product and say that they need to have it, we tend to feel the same.
Do not hide the fact that in all people the “instinct of the herd” is embedded in one way or another. Moreover, all at least once became victims of the “herd mentality.” Many stupid purchase decisions were made because the forum was teeming with users who advise any products, etc., calling out with the phrases: “unbelievable price, they are selling out quickly”. This sometimes leads to unnecessary, useless purchases.
How to get feedback on Amazon?
Social proof is powerful material, and the more evidence you have, the more powerful it is. More reviews look better, more compelling, and increase your visibility when someone searches for your product on Amazon.
How can you get legitimate, 100% genuine Amazon homegrown consumer reviews?
5 awesome strategies to get product review on Amozan!
- Provide extensive customer experience. Most negative reviews are related to consumer consumption regarding the product. Be honest in what you are selling and provide the most accurate and clear information about your product to avoid any confusion or false expectations.
- Send follow-up emails after your purchase within Amazon asking for feedback. Amazon is requesting feedback after the purchase, but this is a common email address, which is nothing special. Instead, send personalized view requests; Ideally, you should send them shortly after the buyers have received your product, so its awesomeness is still fresh in their memory. You can even use a site such as FeedbackFive to automatically send customized emails with feedback requests. Make sure that users can leave feedback by including a link.
- Request Amazon reviews through the newsletter and social networks. Most likely, people have subscribed to your newsletter and many have become your fans on Facebook, so why not take advantage of this? There is a decent chance that they have already bought your product, so they can provide legitimate, positive feedback from Amazon customers.
- Access users who viewed related products. You can find users who viewed products similar to yours (even products of your competitor) by visiting your product page, selecting “Customers who bought this product also purchased” and “Visitors who viewed this product”. These are your competitors, and you could simply take note of them and read their reviews (paying attention to what they do well and what they fail) and even visit their website.
You can also click on the “customer reviews” link and sort it by the latest reviews. Click on the reviewer’s name to find out more. If they provide contact information related to his profile, you’re in luck! Send an email. If only the name appears, try contacting him on another social network, such as Twitter or Facebook
- Ask for the best Amazon reviewers. Amazon has a list of its top reviewers – a collection of respected reviewers who are valued for their insightful and objective criticisms. Many of these top Amazon reviewers also have titles such as “top amazon reviewers” or “Hall of Fame,” which appear along with their reviews, which makes their reviews extremely valuable.
How to Get Feedback from Amazon’s Top Reviewers
Acquiring a rating from one of these reviewers offers great benefits for your Amazon seller account.
Many of these Amazon reviewers make a living in this way – this is a serious business, and some can give up to 100 reviews per month. Be prepared to offer your product for free in exchange for a review – depending on your product, this can be a costly expense, so you have to decide how much it is profitable for you.
- Find the best reviewers. First, we’ll review a list of top Amazon reviewers. You will see that the page is divided into a ranking of the best reviewers and reviewers of the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame has established reviewers, while the top review rating shows the top Amazon contributors at the moment. The Hall of Fame shows the badges and awards of reviewers, although you can get the same information in the names in the “Best Reviewers” section.
- Search for matching tags. Interacting with names in any section will result in the most used reviewer tags. Your goal will be to find the best reviewers who have used tags related to a product or industry in the past, making them an ideal target.
- Follow the customers who bought from you. Then you want to make a list of contacts.
- Fish around the letters. Many popular reviewers have their email addresses right on their profile page. If you do not see the email address, you will have to try to contact via social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Consider the text of the email. It’s time to beg for it, so put those puppy eyes on! Explain your purpose on Amazon, and that you want to send them a product that you think might be interesting. Do not send one soulless common mass email address – personalize a message showing that you read the reviewer’s answer and saw their past reviews. You can mention some comment on one review that you found particularly illuminating or smart. Personalizing your messages greatly improves your chances of getting a response, so be sure to do some thoughtful correspondence.
Tell them that you are hoping for an honest review of the product, although no obligation is required. Many will not reply to your email address, and probably only half will consider the product you are sending. Yes, this is risky. But if your product is awesome and you know that it can earn great reviews, a few 5-star ratings from these top Amazon reviewers will be a huge plus for your Amazon business!
- Say thanks! Be sure to stay tuned and thank Amazon’s top reviewers for their thoughtful feedback.
– with sincerity, of course!
Getting feedback from Amazon critics isn’t easy, but it will pay off in the end when your item is tagged with gold stars.
Another approach: fake reviews
Amazon is doing its best to deal with fake reviews. Many puzzles over whether to buy Twitter followers – this is an extremely controversial topic.
Let’s try to clarify this issue a bit.
As with real reviews, fake reviews can be obtained if you are determined enough to do so. For fake Amazon consumer reviews, you can check …
- Fiverr. Fiverr is such a strange melting pot of shady bizarre offers. On the black market for online advertising, you can find almost anything cheap on Fiverr, including on fake Amazon reviews.
It is difficult to create a business on the Internet because it is on the Internet that there is a way to reveal the worst in people – many users hide under the veil of anonymity of the Internet to spread a slander that they would never have voiced in reality.
Be prepared for the worst. You will get bad reviews. Maybe even very bad. Criticism can be illiquid, undeserved, or even completely cruel, and there is no Internet police to come and deal with these naughty complainers. This means that you have to act yourself in this situation. We offer you …
– Calm down. Negative reviews can bite, so your first step after getting negative customer feedback from Amazon should be to simply backtrack. Take a day or even a few to cool, and then evaluate the situation with a clear mind. Is there any merit in the recall? Perhaps this is the key to how you can improve your product. Is this pure emotional tirade? Other uses may feel unreasonable, so while your star ratings may be affected, users who spend time looking at your 1-star reviews may see the pointlessness of a bad review. If the review is frankly emotional, it can even play into your hands.
– approach with extreme caution
We hope this article will help you make effective Product Reviews on Amazon. We might additionally love to hear which area of interest you’re focused on to begin your online journey. Please make comments below and let us know.