The bounce rate is the most important metric of your website in favor of your digital marketing. Do not frustrating, this unique article will explain in detail the complexities of the Bounce rate. You will get a better idea of how to reduce the bounce rate & how can improve website engagement. Apply every step that’ll increase conversions & Google ranking within a very short time.
A shows the bounce rate for each page & give exact audience review of how long user stayed, which pages visited, which page left most often, how many pages averaged users viewed, how many organic SEO or paid search & many others related data providing free. You can easily find out your website’s current bounce rate status by analytics tool.
This bounce rate is very important for our site because our target is only one getting quality Visitors & appears on the first page of the search engine especially Google search rankings is a giant platform in the World. When Google ranks the site it does not consider how many visitors come to your site, but rather how many visitors visit your site, how they treat your site. So be careful.
What is the bounce rate?
The bounce rate refers, as Google Analytics itself indicates, to the percentage of sessions on a single page, which includes those users who have entered the page but have not interacted with it.
In other words, users who visit that URL but do not click on any link within the page, do not see a video embedded in it or do not visit related content. They just arrive, stay X amount of time, and leave.
A priori, this may sound bad. Why does a user visit only one of my pages and just leave? Can this value affect my ranking? The answer is: it depends.
One factor to take into account is the type of page where the bounce rate is high. For example, if you need the user from your home to click on different categories or links that take them to other pages to guarantee your conversion, and that is not happening, then you must take measures to reduce the bounce rate.
The type of URL affected and the average time on the page together with the bounce rate, are the values that will allow us to know if your high bounce rate is a problem or if on the contrary, you are offering good content and a good experience of the user.
(A high time on page combined with a high bounce rate indicates to Google that the user is engaged with your website and that they have found the content they were looking for on that page.)
What Cause High Bounce Rate?
Once we identify that the bounce rate is indeed high and the page time is low or very improvable, it is essential to identify why it occurs and how to correct it.
Most of the common reasons that increase high bounce rate are given below:
01. Website made up of a single page
Normal, if your website only has one landing page and the user has no other pages to interact with, logically your bounce rate will be through the roof.
In general, websites made up of a single landing page tend to have poor content and are difficult to position. Better invest your resources creating a website as God intended, with pages and categories that allow the user a certain interaction.
02.Lack of web graphics
You will only have a few seconds to convince people that your site is credible. If your graphics are not interesting, you will need to make some adjustments.
My advice is to use conversion optimization strategies to improve graphics gradually, without wondering how much a change would affect the web’s key performance indicators
03. Offer poor quality content
Websites full of thin content have less and fewer possibilities in the SERP’s and with good reason: if a user is looking for certain information and enters a website in which it is not being offered, or where it has poor quality, it normal it is that it leaves the page to the few seconds.
This is usually one of the most common causes of a high bounce rate and low page time, so pay close attention to the content you create without not wanting it to affect you.
04. Not offering the right content for the target audience
Defining our target audience from the beginning is essential to know what type of service or content to offer. BigSEO is an SEO Agency, but what would happen if when you enter our website in search of web positioning you find a clothing eCommerce?
You would leave in less than a rooster crows. Well, that.
Issues that affect the user experience
An intrusive and annoying design.
A website that is not responsive.
Pages that do not have good web architecture.
All these aspects affect the UX and must be corrected if you expect the user to browse your website.
05. Website traffic is irrelevant
This can get you back to defining your business goals.
What would you like the role of the website to be in your business?
How could your site help your business get more profit?
If you can’t answer these questions, it will become extremely difficult to optimize and improve your website.
Another reason could be the bad management of your advertising campaigns on Adwords.
06. The website is difficult to use
Have you tested the website in its launch phase? Are you sure that people don’t get stuck when they browse your pages? Consider a use test or a flow analysis in Analytics to identify the hitches on your website.
07.Very slow loading speed
The online world has advanced so much that the user no longer has 5 seconds to wait for your website to load. If you don’t do it quickly, it will simply go the other way, causing your page times to plummet and your bounce rate skyrocketing.
How To Calculate Bounce Rate?
Google Analytics calculates both the bounce rate of a single web page and at the level of the entire site, there are therefore two types:
The bounce rate of a web page = total number of bounces on a single page (in a given period of time) / total number of hits on the page (in the same period of time).
The bounce rate of a website = total number of bounces on all pages of the site (in a given period of time) / total number of hits on all pages of the site (in the same period of time).
The term Rebounds means the number of visits to a page that produced a single GIF request to the Google Analytics servers.
The term Accesses means: the number of times visitors have entered your site through a page.
Practical example: a specific page of our site has registered 1000 hits of which 500 are bounces.
The Bounce Rate of this page will be calculated as follows: (Bounces / Hits) * 100 = (500/1000) * 100 = 50%.
Given Below Google Analytics standard average statistics:
The bounce rate for the session:
- Bounce rate calculated for a session with a 01-page view is 100%
- Bounce rate calculated for a session with the 02-page view is 50%
- It’s calculated for a session with the 03-page view is 25%
- Bounce rate calculated for a session with the 04-page view is 0%
Benchmark average of Bounce rate:
- 10-30% -service site
- 20-40% -retail sites
- 30-50% -Lead Generation Sites
- 40-60% -content-based website
- 70-90% -landing pages
- 70-98% -for blog sites
30% bounce rate is normal for any site, but in my opinion, it has a tolerable average of 55%, but if this bounce rate goes above 60% then you have to pay entire attention to that. If it wills 80% plus the most alarming rate for you, so maintain several key rules for reducing the bounce rate at the minimum level.
10 Easiest Ways To Reduce the Bounce Rate of Your WordPress Site
When, constantly, users enter your website and leave it after a few seconds, without interacting or staying on the page enjoying the content you create, the clear message that is sent to Google is that your page is not of quality.
Understanding the origin of this high bounce rate very well and correcting the errors that the page may have, is important to aim for a better web positioning.
But if your times on page are good, even if the bounce rate is high, it means that the user finds your content useful. And if the user finds it useful, Google will too.
How to reduce the bounce rate when it really is a problem
If you need to improve user navigation on your website and increase time on the page, pay attention to these basic tips
I’ve shared few my relevance experience how to reduce the bounce rate if you follow from the bottom of your mind, then your website will achieve & expanded its real goals
01. Make sure you have a good loading speed
You can now have the best website in the world, which if it takes time to load your visitors will end up leaving it anyway. Use tools like Pingdom Website Test to measure the loading speed of your page and, if it is slow, take steps to correct it.
Optimizing the size of your images and reviewing the response time of your server to evaluate if it is the best alternative for your project, are usually the two most common actions that can lead you to significantly improve the speed of page loading.
(This website is one of the options to know, in a few seconds, if your loading speed is adequate or if it is below average.)
Advice for decrease page loading time:
- Don’t display more post on the home page
- Use a CDN like Amazon Cloud font
- Place your Ads insides, not in content & avoid self-loading multimedia Ads
- Cut off lengthy posts & feature popular post at the sidebar bottom of the post
- Use better host, theme & remove unwanted plugins
- Set external links to open new browser tabs
02. Well, structure Site Design
The unique verse “First Impression is the last impression”, you have to make something new with innovation that can draw visitor’s entire attention to your site at the first sight. The Navigate & structure should be easier to access information are looking for. Be natural no need any artificiality unnecessary animations & graphics. Complicated structure & unclear word process turn off visitors so make sure legible text & sharp contrast for readability.
Advice: You definitely look at the design of the site first for Reduce Bounce Rate.
- Make sure website navigation easier
- Use extraordinary related content
- The site template should be fast loading
- Avoid unnecessary widgets
- The site layout should be responsive
- Avoid excess Ads.
- Make it mobile-friendly
- Obviously, keep a search box
03. Create accessible Content
Review your content strategy and focus on producing better texts for your users. Do not forget that they, like you, want to receive the best, useful and relevant information for their search.
Content is king and if you don’t take it into account, you will hardly be able to improve your page’s metrics.
Take tend to smart formatting when writing content for readers. Be aware of creating specific headlines, small sub-headlines, and writing content in very simple language. Make content with relevant information & smaller that attach the reader’s mind effectively. Your page has two very much accessible & approachable with good formatting that readers can quickly scan your content. Try to point out the reader’s real drive to you.
Advice for quality content:
- Craft clear, as standard, but simple language, short language, spelling & grammar
- Have to obviously convey main information & clear purpose data for reader’s requirement
- Make sure the content on your web pages can be scanned quickly
- Use unique images & never use images that aren’t yours.
- Use error-free words which readers easily reached & can translate to other languages
- Provide clear header & subhead
04. Create a clear call to action (CTA)
A little change in your text can make a big difference such as An E-commerce site of Denmark has increased 18% revenue by a used call to action button on the product page. Especially CTA can engage users to a resource page of your blog ultimately reduce bounce rate, but 70% website has not inserted CTA button according to an online survey that’s why lower conversion rate as well as increased high bounce rate
Make sure your CTA is compelling when users to click & see on the other side. The more CTAs include in single-page visitors can confuse, so make sure that you include several CTAs on a single page but it does not happen very often.
Advice for clear CTA:
- Make sure visitors are not clueless, give CTAs such as sign up, submit, and download
- Use the stronger phrase: such as “Free SEO Book download” you give clear direction to readers like this
- Make easy, such your offering free Domain then mention your CTC like sign up in less than 60 seconds
- Determine colors- which colors create the highest conversion rate, let look gray & gray, 02 popular colors for CTA buttons
05. Focus on Right viewers
Targeting is a vital point in favor of your goals to focus on a specific part of users. The wrong keyword also a nuisance that hurts your target because it’s most crucial. Be sure who can deliver your content to express their needs & interest.
Such as, you are a seller of the computer, then you have optimized SEO on computer-related keywords for the targeted goal, not optimize the Car seller that will waste your SEO juice. If you target the wrong keyword that will increase your website high bounce rate
Advice for the Right Audience:
- Prefer the right keyword according to your content
- Give gorgeous helpful meta description for the search of users
- Develop online campaigns
- Make multiple landing pages & give related content, keywords
06. Improve Content Readability
This is the important reason that visitors leave the site lack of your text legible & most of the website often neglects the basic element. Your high-quality content can reject visitors if it will lousy formatting that results in faster exit & increases higher bounce. However, you should be given better shape & visual appeal first to draw the reader’s entire attention. You have to make sure line spacing, margins, clean text, padding look like beautiful
Advice for Readability your content more readable:
- More glows your article by using smaller subheadings
- Use killer Point to better explain the benefit of your article
- Use where it’s appropriate of image, diagram, quotes, screenshots with the help of an expert
- Give invitation instead of reading & ask frequently bulk of the question
- Don’t overdo boldly & colors keywords, unnecessary
- Use a large font for Small Screens
07. Be Responsive Mobile Site
At the present time almost 70% of internet users using mobile devices according to Google Analytics reports for the different types of needs, so make your site mobile friendly. While updating a website keep mobile users in mind and make easier navigate of iPhone & Android. Obviously, the mistake will increase high bounce lower rate, don’t ignore it can contribute strongly your bounce rate
- Should be used an ideal font 14px minimum rather than users zoom in to read your content
- Avoid too many large images to load on the mobile device, then mobile frustrate & click the back button fast
- Make the big bold headline & give a vital point in the subheading. In the content few lines with actionable CTA
- Avoid irrelevant popup & using responsive design
- Fine-tune the content to fit different screen sizes
08. Make natural Navigation
It’s much more crucial that you make effortless as per as possible to make your site with easy navigation to stay & find what they are looking for. If your site navigation is snowflakes has not minimum effort then go to another site & increase the high bounce rate. Do not try to over innovative navigation that will just a headache for users.
Advice for simple navigating:
- Give heat maps to determine how effective your navigation & use Google analytics to improve Your CTR checking the in-page Analytics will improve your navigation structure
- Avoid format based navigation & drop-down menus
- Mobile navigation best practices & standard for short horizontal lines & representing a menu
09. Make 404 pages
The error of 404 can influence bounces. The number of visitors landed on your page & exited instantly that increase the high bounce rate. The metrics reflect those visitors left without viewing your site to another page 404 pages do not provide help. Google explicitly advised using a 404 widget search box on your site that will be useful for visitors to find what they are looking for
10. Make all external links & add more internal link
- External link: Big part of bounces coming from clicking an external link to your post using WordPress plugin are automatically open all external links to your site
- Internal links: use it to reduce the bounce rate that helps visitors to get which things they are looking without a search
Fortunately, these tips on how to reduce the bounce rate on your WordPress site were helpful. If it made it this far, we’ve done our part to lower our own bounce rate. Now it’s your turn. Which ones will you implement on your site today? Or have you seen other optimizations that make a big difference? If so, let us know in the comments below.