Hello, dear reader! Today I want to tell you about one of the typical jobs that SEO consultants do, Technical SEO audit.
And you will wonder what is that of a Technical SEO audit? How will it help you?
Do not worry because today I am going to help you solve all your doubts and indicate to you step by step what is the process followed by SEOs to carry out this task.
The Technical SEO Audit technique will explain why and what for your website not getting better SEO Results. You can evaluate your website’s health use of unique components. A technical SEO Audit can greatly perform in search engines. This post will well explain with examples, step by step how to perform each and every step using SEO Spider. It makes sure all important resources crawlable, audit internal links, Check HTTP content, improve page speed and help Google ranking within a very short time.
A Technical SEO Audit is most vital to providing details of any website’s current status, where it can improve. It’s useful for both new & old websites which have never had a comprehensive SEO strategy implemented. A clean audit report for the optimization of any website plays a very important role in working. First of all, you can determine what problems are in the case of site optimization and plan a proper action for it. A good quality technical SEO Audit the report will help keep your website up to date regularly.
Therefore, whether you want to hire a Technical SEO audit, or if you want to do it yourself, in this article I will teach you the procedure to follow.
Let’s go with it!
What is an SEO Audit?
An SEO audit is a study of the situation (at the level of SEO web positioning) in which a web page is located. SEO audit of a site is a detailed analysis of a site for compliance of its pages, structure, content and a number of technical parameters with the requirements of search engines.
In other words, it is a report that details how a web page is positioned and what aspects can be improved within it to achieve a better position in Google.
Therefore, this type of report breaks down what are the aspects to improve and what is their priority when it comes to solving them (One of the jobs of SEOs is also the prioritization of tasks).
I want to make it clear that an audit is simply a report or document detailing SEO errors and the steps to take to fix those errors.
Therefore, making this report will not imply (Unless stated in the contract) that the SEO consultant has to solve these errors (In this case it would have to be budgeted separately since it is another type of service).
What is this audit for?
This type of analysis serves to:
- Detect errors that are weighing the SEO web positioning of a web page.
- Propose possible solutions to amend these errors.
- Propose a workflow so that processes are prioritized according to the urgency of each one.
Therefore, these types of documents will show your mistakes at the SEO level and how to solve them properly.
As I have previously indicated, the performance of an audit does not imply (Unless this is stated in the contracting of the service) that the SEO consultant has to make the relevant changes on the website. This must be clear before requesting one.
Why SEO Audit is Important?
Imagine a car with a super sporty body and a good fuel capacity, but what if it didn’t have good mechanics (like engine, brakes, etc.) driven? Will it be strong and successful? Of course not. Same thing with SEO. Even if your site has great content and your website is not technologically secure, users will not find your website great. Technical SEO audit should combine with other SEO issues to make your SEO campaign successful.
- It is known how the ranking can survive through Technical SEO Audit.
- It makes sure your current online business website status, is it work properly or not. Technical SEO Audit can give more transparency & its antidote to work accordingly.
- How the site’s authorization can be increased through a proper plan.
- To know the site’s optimization status for search engines and to fix issues problem of the pages.
- Be guided by how to increase the sale & lead generation.
- Know better how to get more targeted traffic is available online.
- Is it working accordingly for the search engine’s ranking factors or not?
- Is Search engines can crawl your site at all, or which pages crawled indexed
Best Technical SEO Audit Tools for Analysis Website
- Moz Toolbar – As PR updates become more accessible, it is important for every marketer to find ways to access the quality of a website that he/she is dealing with. Here the Moz toolbar will prove useful. This tool will provide various indicators that will help determine if a website is worth a link. Page authority and domain authority are two important indicators
- Ahrefs – Ahrefs is an SEO tool for deep linking data evaluation. This is one of the best tools in any domain for collecting information or analyzing someone’s backlink profile so next time you are planning to buy a website or omitted domain, they should be used to get a better indication of internal links.
- Buzzstream – Buzzstream should be maximized for anyone who promotes enough or needs to contact regular webmasters. This is an equal incentive to SEO tools. A business owner should be able to keep every contact information associated with the webmaster who links to their own website. Buzzstream will provide various features such as the expectation of their links, as well as the analysis of those links. An interesting feature of this tool is that all the data will be in one place. This will be quite helpful when making decisions. This tool is recommended for those who want to take SEO game seriously.
- Scream- Especially for business owners who are serious about their on-page optimization should try screaming frogs. This SEO tool will allow them to find duplicate content on their page, create meta descriptions and conduct detailed SEO audits of their page. Screening Frog will crawl their website and present them with on-page errors if any, which may hurt their ranking.
- K dot – This is a great tool for checking domain credentials. This will help to check every detail of the website, such as who owns the domain, when it is registered, where it is hosted and who is actually the registrar.
- com – This tool can deaden someone’s website, so they should use dead link checker websites to keep their website’s rank at the top of Google search.
- com – Copyscape is a very popular SEO tool used by most companies. This is a free tool used to check piracy or discover content copied to someone’s blog/article. For example, if someone is a newcomer and does not have the mark of their writing style, they can paste their content into CopyScape to check if they have used any copied content. This tool makes it easy to filter the copied links and content.
- com – This is a very popular site for collecting all the information related to a website. Using Muncie to find information on any blog and its backlink checker, they can discover backlinks to any website, and using the Domain Age Checker they can discover any domain age that helps SEO in various ways. With the Muncie Keyword Checker, one can verify the keyword’s location in Google’s search results and Bing as well as other search results,
- GTmetrix-a tool to test page speed and determine opportunities for enhancement has now become an important component of the Search Engine Optimization toolbar. Anything that will actually affect the user experience will affect SEO and website speed is a big factor for UX, especially for mobile. Although many page-speed tools are currently available, geometrics are the most reliable. Not only that, but it’s also user-friendly.
- RocketRanking – Rocket Ranking is a universal search engine optimization solution. This tool will do wonders to help startups and small businesses increase their site traffic daily, in fact, including on-page optimizers, social media / follow tools, backlink counters, backlink builders and keyword profit calculators, enabling small business to gain social recognition and higher Able to earn the currency needed to achieve rankings. It starts out absolutely free and can be upgraded later for a very nominal fee
A Complete Technical SEO Audit Checklist
- On-page optimization
- Title tag optimization
- Meta description
- Title and meta descriptions of all pages
- Meta Title and Description: which pages does not Audit
- Content Analysis
- Keyword variation
- Primary keyword and tags optimization
- Image and tag optimization
- Optimize URL
- Clean URL
- Short URL and Long URL
- Optimize homepage content
- Optimize landing pages
- Proper Keyword Targeting
- Keyword cannibalization
- User Content
- Headline and Blog Tune
- Content Verses Ads
- Content formatting
- Duplicate Content
- URL Permalinks Track
- Duplicate Content Check
- Subdomain Duplicate Content
- Site Secure Version
- Print page checks
- Accessibility and Indexing
- User Agent Googlebot
- Site Architecture and Internal Linking
- How many links on the page?
- Vertical Linking Structure
- Horizontal Linking Structure
- Linking in the Content
- Footer Linking
- Internal anchor text
- Broken Link
- Technical Issues
- Proper 301 redirection
- Bad redirection
- Leverage Redirection Chain
- Utilize of the Frame
- Make use of the flash
- Webmaster Tools and Error Check
- XML Sitemap
- Canonical version
- Proper reel canonical
- Relative URL
- Site Speed
- The main page loading time
- Compression enable
- Catching enable
- Optimize images
- CSS / JS/ HTML minifies
- Use CDN
- Mobile Experience Review
- Use of analytics separately
- Mobile redirection
- International URL Review
- Country base Target Webmaster Tool Setup
- Currency, Relevance Country Target
- URL Structure Native
- The analytics tracking code is available on all pages
- GA Properties
- Internal search
- Demography cracking setup
- Check out the links to the AdWords and Adsense ads
- Internal IP Address
- UTM Campaign Parameter
- Event Tracking Parameter
- Important Tools
- Web Developer Tools
- User-agent add-ons
- Link Checker
- SEO Book Toolbar
- Screaming Frog
- Technical mobile practice
20 Technical SEO Audit Checklist To Boost Google Ranking
SEO is changing very quickly that’s why you need to make regular technical SEO Audit (at least twice per year) to ensure that your website meets the latest developments. SEO Audit is much more essential for both new & old websites. I’ve made a checklist that needs to check 60 items to make your work easy. It is basically divided into 5 sections are given below:
1 On-Page Optimization
2 website control
3 Social Media
4 Off-Page Optimization
5 Website Promotion
1 On-Page Optimization
Now, at a glance, what are some of the factors that we will talk about on-page SEO? First I will list it, then I will talk about it a little, Insha Allah.
- Permalink / Article URL
- Meta descriptions
- URL Length
- Use of H-tags
- The use of keywords in articles
- External links
- Internal link
- Image Alter Tags
- Site UI / UX
- Responsive site
- Speed optimization
- Secure Sockets Layer
- Engaging Article
- Article Quality
- Article structure
- Reading Friendly Article
- Article length
- Table of contents
- Rich content
- Keyword Variation
- Grammatical Problems in Articles
- I-Release Article
This is it! Let’s talk about these things now. I hope you understand.
Keywords are the main topic of the page. That’s the core of a website. Other things will be developed around this article , article structure, interlink, outbound link … everything.
So this topic must be kept in mind in keyword selection/research. But since this article is not about keyword research, it is not being talked about here anymore. Rather, let me explain here how to use the keyword in the article.
There was a time when the more keywords used in an article, the better it was for ranking. Then the ratio is calculated. The reason was that if an article had too much focus keywords, it would be considered over-optimized. So one or two articles in a thousand words began to be given once or twice.
But after the Google Rank Brain update came out, this ratio system also became “canceled”. It turns out, Google is no longer targeting an article by focusing keywords. The entirety of the Audience’s demand/interest is gone.
There are so many articles now that the keyword Google ranks for it is not in the whole article. How is this possible? Possibly because of the Rank Brain. So focus should be more on LSI and Variations than on Focus Keywords. Of course, on the side of the article quality.
Note that article quality does not say that the text should be written by a native writer. No, that’s not the case. Quality is meant to be an article – writing should be well-read. There is no need to be high quality in solid syntax.
Writing will be straightforward and reader-friendly. This is what I would call quality articles.
Permalink / Article URL
Article Permalink or URL must be SEO-friendly. Because the search engine bot reads it. Reed can understand what the writing is about? So it must be kept in mind.
Many people give a full title to the article Permalink. Many do not know this. Because the auto that is written in the title goes to the link. As a result, the URL of many articles can be seen in “20”, that is, Salta.
So it is important to keep this in mind.
Google is now so smart that it no longer reads the meta descriptions provided by a plugin or any other article. No, that’s not it. Maybe reads, but doesn’t capture. Captures his own choice. This can no longer be done with the Yeast plugin or any other plugin.
But do we say that we will not give meta descriptions in an article?
I’ll give it. We must give it to us. Then let Google do whatever it takes. Because, Google can’t capture, but Reed certainly does. So it has to be kept in mind. We will do our job perfectly.
Here is an article permalink or URL. The URL also contains the domain name. Therefore, it should be kept in mind when purchasing a domain so that it does not last long. According to Experts, it is better to name the domain within 5 characters.
The back of the domain is the link to that particular article. How to control it? Why do you
Control the article while posting. And control, because the short-form it is, SEO-friendly is the thing. This is absolutely proven. Recently there are many big sites, the word “Best” is not used by many in this URL.
But my own experience is that it is better to put the keyword here. If your keyword is “Best Model Bangladesh” then the full URL might be https://yourdomain.com/ Best-Model-Bangladesh /.
But if you have a good Confidence Level, and have a Hughes experience and have a long term plan, use the right silo structure and minimize the word “Best” from the link.
Use of H-tags
The essence of an article is SEO-friendly. So it is more important to use H-tags properly. But is the use of H-tags anything complicated? I don’t think so
Hmmm, I don’t think it’s anything complicated. Especially if you’re the latest WordPress user, the Gutenberg editor can make the matter easier. You can still read the text with the H-tag above, which has a confusion. Hopefully, all of your misconceptions about the H-tag will go away.
The use of keywords in articles
I have called Already above this matter. Let me add one more thing here. It is not necessary to use the keywords of that article in an article. This is only if the overlay article indicates the keyword. That’s the best way. If it’s smartly
Outbound links or external links are not the faults of an article. However, it is not necessary to follow the Yoost plugin voice. But it is important to keep in mind that the Authority is a site. External links to Wikipedia, Google Scholar or the US Research Center relate to a site.
Better people who use the Amazon Affiliate Program on their site without having to link to an external site. And of course, keep this external authority link in duplicate.
Linking all the pages of the website is useful for both the users and the search engine. Check and make sure you link to the related pages in one of the reasons why you really accept the account. I have described four reasons.
- You will not only use the keyword “Anchor Text” for internal links, but you will use the title of both sides and non-keyword will anchor text.
- All the pages that you want good search rank there are very good linking inside them.
- All the pages that you want good search rank, these pages should be linked to the homepage.
- You have a give 2 to 10 internal links on every page.
Image Alter Tags
A common issue. Many people on the page make this mistake. The site uses the image but does not use the alt tag on it. Using the alt tag is very important. If you do not do this small thing, the search engine does a lot of error shows here.
Attractive or engagement of any page through an image becomes very easy to extend. In particular, Social Media (Especially Pinterest) can sometimes go against SEO. If the image takes more than the loading time to open the page, normally you have to think about 3 things:
- The Image file name needs to be written in a beautiful way to understand what the image is said about. If you wish, you can use the keyword in the file name but this action cannot be done too much.
- Each image must be filled in the Alt Tag.
- The images you use must be of Minimum Size. If you want to use the online tools to take care of the size, bytes, and quality of the image then consider using a content delivery network.
Site UI / UX
Those who know about Website Development know about UI / UX. And those who study Deep Level with SEO, you know, they should know about this.
UI means user interface & UX means the user experience. The visual part of a website that we see is the interface of that website. As beautiful and attractive as this interface or look is, the Audience is just as fascinating. And as much as the Audience is attractive, the value of that website is high. It goes without saying.
UX or User Experience is traffic coming to a website, how easy it is to access the website or not. The better the UX, the higher the site’s acceptance.
So these things are definitely important. A lot of them are involved with SEO. So importance should be given in this case too.
If your niche site is powered by WordPress CMS, then your site is definitely responsive. Because all WordPress themes are now designed to be responsive. Some may not be responsive. They are beyond calculation.
If the site is not responsive, then it is not mobile optimized.
First, let me explain the responsive thing – Responsive is, no matter what device your site is open on, it will show nicely on that device. The site can be seen half and scroll half to the right and left, it will not be.
One of the most difficult tasks for non-technical users manage website pages is one of the most difficult tasks. Unfortunately, this is the most important ‘SEO’ become successful. There are many studies here that are very important for a website’s Page Speed Ranking. Google offers you a completely free tool. By which you can see the speed of your website in 2 ways. 1. Desktop Speed 2. Mobile View Speed
Generally, we can take steps for page speed.
- Compress the image or use a CDN.
- Minimize Http Call by Sprites and Browser Cache.
- Minimize your website’s HTML and CSS files.
- Use a compression plugin or page speed service.
You complete tasks according to the list above. If you do not know what your job is, then you are best for a developer or SEO Expert rental.
Secure Sockets Layer
The simplest thing we call SSL is the Full Mining Secure Sockets Layer. This is an SEO factor. So it is definitely best to have DV SSL or Positive SSL activated in your domain.
It should be noted that SSL is hosting related. Now most hosting companies offer SSL free. So when buying a hosting, you should definitely check this.
The first thing that comes up in the article is Content is King. So many people shout at being native. The matter is not natively related. Suppose if I speak only Bangla language – can all Bangladeshi write good Bangla? Most of what we write while writing is inaccurate grammar. What does that mean In Bangla we cannot do well as a native.
Of course, you will see a lot of statuses, he is not a writer, but he is writing nice stories. Nice to read the status. If you start reading a little, then you want to read more. I can give a person’s profile link, he is not a writer in Bangladesh, but as he reads his status you will want to read more.
That means – writing the text is like the Audience. It is not only when composing precise sentences with difficult words. So keeping this in mind, it is not too late to move your site positive. And the conversion rate will be very good.
Article quality is also important. But first of all, what matters is quality. Quality is like explaining Bankim Chandra. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay writes – “What one reads can be understood is a masterpiece.” So hopefully you will not have any more confusion about good content and bad content.
To me, the topic of the article structure seems very important. A nice informative article can easily die in the field unless it is neatly arranged. I intend to write a separate post on this topic. So, I’m pulling here right now.
Reading Friendly Article
Engaging Article and Reading Friendly Article The two are almost synonymous. That is, how the article looks like reading the article rather than the grammar error-free set, whether or not the Audience can read the article or not, is straightforward.
Therefore, the importance of article writing by reading-friendly is more important, not just articles in the booklet.
The length of the article is important to consider with your computer. However, usually, the buying guides are three thousand plus words and the informant articles are only seven hundred plus.
The length of the article is not always important. It depends entirely on your selected keywords. Suppose that your keyword does not contain such information. So with that keyword, there is nothing to write five thousand words. The same thing will come around.
My own experience: I once instructed a writer to write a binge guide. They make 3,000 wards each. The writer told me – If I can write down what is in your instruction in two thousand words, is there a problem? At first, it seemed a bit daunting. Is the woman lazy or not? If you write more you will get more money. Can you refuse? I thought later, there is no problem. The woman did so, and Fortunately, the article has been in position one and zero for five thousand word articles for the past 6/6 months.
Table of contents
Table content seems very important to me because many of my sites have content feature snippets, and most of them have pooled money from this table of content.
I always manually create content tables for my articles. Many calculations are done. With a lot of time Do not use any plugins. Of course, I also don’t like the plugin. I do not like to use plugins on the site for a little effort, a little Google can do.
It is also important to provide keyword variations in articles, grammatical problems in articles and i-release articles and rich articles.
Note that I also noted some more on-page points for the article. But due to the rush, I have dropped them now. I promise, I will update the article again later.
2 Website Control Checklist
Do you use all the tools you need to correctly control your website? Have you fixed your website with Google Webmaster Tools? Would search bots access your website without any problems? Do you know the most important Analytic reports to monitor? I put a few questions here. (Hopefully, you will reply to the comment) You can reply to the SEO Audit Checklist.
Website funding deliberately begins on-page optimization and other parts are starting such (Off-page Optimization) Social Media Promotion because if you do not know basic information about your website (current status, and potential problems) then you cannot take the next step. If this is the chance for this part to improve then it is so. Then I give this high priority to your packaging plan.
3 Social Media Checklist
If you say a little easier, you cannot survive your website ranking without Social Media. You have a single source (ie Google) both your traffic and income source and dependency on-line. You can now say, how is Social Media SEO Audit-related? This is undoubtedly a good question. The effects of Social Media are both directly, through which you can be promoted most (in link form) and indirectly so more natural links can be made direct visitors. The most important social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, youtube, etc), basically you have the right to access & optimize to these sites.
4 Off-Site SEO Audit Checklist
Off-page Optimization is very important for the job. If you are not careful then you may have to take many risks. You just do not know what you need to do or what you get to do. How to prepare a full plan to arrange off-site optimization. Don’t build any type of unethical link.
Incoming Links Profile Analysis:
Know well to use www.opensiteexpolorer.org or Google Webmaster Tools about an inbound link from the website to get all the information. Use some tools during your Competitor Analysis and you can analyze your website very well from your main competitor. To answer some questions.
- How many unique domains link to you?
- Which domain is considered a trusted domain?
- How many links point to your home pages, and how many links to your internal pages?
- Do you have the most inbound links to any pages?
- What is a link (%) based on Keyword?
You need some related domain links to specify a list of websites that can be used for guest blogging. You can make all the link points for the home page if all your incoming links are based on keywords. Google can protect you from a Penalty if you do this way. If you want to rank well on your website, you will have to work on On-Page Optimization very well. Off-page Optimization (SEO) is not an easy task.
5 Website Promotion Checklist
We know now that 30% of the search is done through mobile phones. You can use the Android App for the promotion of your website as there are 1,300,000 new Android App users per day. You can promote your website by YouTube because millions of users on average visit YouTube every minute. In other words, you need to look for your big screen and you can upgrade your website (a spontaneous) to just the likes. A good SEO Audit Recommend for blaming your website.
This was my technical SEO Audit report in one unique episode. I will continue to write informative articles for all of you. Do you have any points in this discussion? Then let me know in the comments that I would be most happy to answer you.